Spend Matters welcomes this guest article by Jeff Freedman, CTO at ESM Solutions. Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is one of the major technologies that will become ubiquitous in the supply chain and is poised to have a dramatic impact. RFID technology has actually been around since the 1970s, but it has only started to have a real effect on the supply chain within the past few years, and its use is expected to increase as a means of tracking goods and assets.
Amazon is now making same-day delivery service available to Prime members in 14 more metropolitan areas. And, miners say they are currently facing the “longest drought of deals” in their careers as they look to sell off their mines, but no one is coming forward to buy them. Afternoon Coffee brings you the latest in procurement and supply chain news.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Work Intermediation Platforms – Transformation Engines of the Modern Labor Procurement Supply Chain (Part 2 – What Did We Catch?)
- Opportunities Await Within the Amazon Business Marketplace
- ZeroChaos: Threatening the MSP Status Quo (Part 3)
- Contractual Risk Assessment And its Role in Corporate Risk Management
- Exploring Work Market: Market Context, Customer Experience and Recommendations
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- RFID and the Supply Chain: How the Technology Is Increasingly Being Used By Procurement
- New Purchasing Technology: Using Tools That Delight Rather Than Distract
- A Procurement Manifesto: Article 1 – Technology in Our Personal Lives
- CSR: Do You Use Environmentally Friendly Laptops? Can You Replace Batteries?
- Elegance And Simplicity of New Purchasing: Mobile Payments
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Why Should Procurement Report Into Finance? ISM, Spend Matters, Machiavelli and More
- How to Keep Salesforce.com Costs in Check
- What Came First: The Controller or the Buyer? How Finance Influences Procurement
- Deloitte on Elevating Procurement Talent: The Final 4 Steps
- When Finance Wants to Help Procurement, Start With the Reporting Relationship
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: Amazon Extends Same-Day Delivery, M&A Activity in Mining Industry Takes a Hit
- Introducing a New Buying Manifesto for a New Age of Procurement
- Afternoon Coffee: Execs Lack Confidence in Supply Chain Competency, Ford Announces Steering-Related Recall
- Last Chance to Register for Today’s Webinar on Supply Chain Risk Management!
- Spend Matters 50/50: IBX/Capgemini – A Provider to Watch in 2015
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Americans Eat 800+ Hot Dogs on Memorial Day and Other (Less Gross) Stats on The Holiday Weekend
- PeoplePerHour Seems Like They Need a Few More People Themselves!
- I’ve Joined Twitter! Stay Tuned for ‘Less Filtered’ Findings
- The VA’s Big Procurement Problem – And Why We Are So Angry About It
- More Procurement Myths Debunked on Chief Procurement Officer Website