Putting in place an electronic invoicing program requires more than putting in place an e-invoicing system. Business drivers, supplier development programs, internal responsibilities, as-is/expected processes and process change and a range of other internal and external factors outside e-invoicing technology itself all should factor in the discovery process to create a set of requirements and needs specifications. In the Spend Matters paper Understanding How E-Invoicing Fits, I explore a list of questions that procurement and accounts payable (A/P) organizations should answer as a first step. Organizations interested in these types of questions will find the research brief, available temporarily for free download, quite valuable both in defining an optimal program and also in explaining to peers how e-invoicing fits with procurement, A/P, treasury, supply chain and related technologies and programs.
In Accenture’s daring report, Procurement’s Next Frontier – The Future Will Give Rise to an Organization of One, the authors spend a bit of time exploring the future of procurement technology. In fact, they suggest 5 areas that are likely to augment or replace today’s current tech investments. One of these technology areas Accenture describes as “the virtual company mall.” In Accenture’s words, the virtual mall will comprise a cloud-based set of pre-approved private and public “shops” from which internal customers can select goods and services, supported with business logic that guides their purchasing based on policies, preferred suppliers and contracts. But what will it take to for this virtual supplier mall to become a reality?
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Does ‘Open Book’ Help or Hurt the Public Procurement Contract Process?
- FMS and Beyond – Filling in the ‘White Space’ of Sourcing and Engaging the Independent Workforce (Part 1)
- Verian Update: Release of Version 15.1, Its Relationship With BravoSolution and What’s Next for the Provider
- Shining the Spotlight on Procurement Risks – Which Solution Providers Can Help?
- How to Keep Your P2P Implementation Project From Turning Into a Nightmare (Part 1)
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Pre-Order Our August Direct Materials Sourcing Guide Today!
- The Good the Bad and the Procurement Genie: The Magic Coming to the Contingent Workforce Space
- Webinar: 7/29: Advanced Sourcing Strategy for Raw Materials
- Procurement Problems and Possibilities: What the Greece Debt Crisis Means for the Supply Chain
- The Biggest Gaps and Opportunities in Services Procurement
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- E-Invoicing Discovery Questions: Where to Begin
- Accenture and the Future of Procurement Technology: The Virtual Company Mall
- Coupa Buys TripScanner – Extending Open Procurement Model To Travel
- The Difference Between Online Freelancer Marketplaces and Freelancer Management Systems
- Supply Chain Risk Management to Save You Millions
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
- Driving Sustained Value in Procurement Outsourcing Services
- For Procurement, is it the Process or the Tool That’s Broken?
- 6 Steps to Integrated Supplier Risk Management
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Spend Matters 50/50: Transcepta – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Meet the Spend Matters Team at ISM Metrics and Analytics Symposium in Philly This Week!
- Afternoon Coffee: US Services Sector Picks Up, Consumer Confidence Falls
- Spend Matters 50/50: Tradeshift – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Processing Tomatoes Lowest Price Since 2012