Energy and transportation prices bumped up, Chinese aluminum smelters are taking advantage of the subsidization game, and the U.S. steel industry is not all too happy about any of that – but one if its trade organizations still supports NAFTA. Find out why in this week's direct materials update from MetalMiner.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Determine: Solution Review & Analysis
- Catalant: Vendor Snapshot (Part 1) – Background & Solution Overview
- Basware: Vendor Snapshot (Part 2) — Product Strengths & Weaknesses
- Basware: Vendor Snapshot (Part 1) — Background & Solution Overview
- Spend360: Vendor Snapshot (Part 3) — Competitive and Summary Analysis
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Understanding the KellyOCG Talent Supply Chain Maturity Model
- Restaurants & Retailers Clean Up Supply Chains, Remove Antibiotics and Harmful Chemicals
- 5 Changes MSPs Can Make to Adapt to the ‘New Normal’ in the Worldwide Workforce
- A Busy October In the Independent Workforce Solutions Space (Part 1)
- PSF Asks ‘What Went Wrong’ With CPS Sole-Source Contract Scandal
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Integrating SAP MM and P2P: When ERP and E-Procurement Must Do a Two-Step ‘Buy’ Together
- ShiftPixy Wants to Slay the Gig Economy Compliance-Risk Dragon
- Maven, an ‘Expertise-as-a-Service’ Platform: WIP of the Week
- Reinventing Supplier Data and Intelligence Businesses: The Premise
- What Procurement Processes are Organizations Automating the Most?
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- ICYMI: What Does Polymorphism Have to Do with Procurement? Everything!
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- The Week in Direct Materials: Oil Prices, China, Steel, and NAFTA
- Wipro Acquires Appirio for $500M to Reach for the Cloud, Leverage Power of the Crowd
- Upwork Skills Index: What Do the Fastest-Growing Freelancer Skills Mean to a Procurement Analyst?
- Energy, Mining, Utilities M&A Flat as Price Volatility, Uncertainty Loom
- BravoConnect Dispatch: A Look at BravoAdvantage Release 17
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Print Procurement Coverage – Prospective Themes and Topics: Please Vote!
- A TRULY Open Supplier Discovery Network: Spend Matters Crowdsource #1
- Will Blockchain Kill Ariba, Basware, D&B and Others?
- Print, Paper, and Hard Copy Procurement: A New Category on Spend Matters
- Why Can’t Procurement Decide What to Call Itself?