It’s time to celebrate America the beautiful with barbecues, fireworks, parades and red, white and blue apparel and decorations. Spend Matters has rounded up spending and other interesting data on the Fourth of July holiday. Find out below how much we spend on food, flags and what city has the biggest fireworks show. According to the National Retail Federation, this July Fourth, patriots will reportedly spend $6.6 billion on food alone. And, on average, US consumers will spend $71.23 each, which is higher than 2014 Independence Day spending when consumers spent $68.4 each, on average.
On this Throwback Friday (#tbf, anyone?), we've thrown open the doors to our archives to bring you our second-most-viewed recording of an Ask the Expert webinar of all time. Spend Matters Chief Research Officer Pierre Mitchell takes participants through the important procurement topic of PPM in Ask the Expert: Procurement Performance Management (PPM): The Ultimate Alignment Tool - Not a Dashboard! . Procurement performance management can transform a procurement organization – but only if you know how to apply and maintain the tool or process properly. Pierre walks us through a number of steps to properly integrate PPM into your procurement organization. If you missed this webinar late last year, luckily as a Plus or PRO member, you can view the entire recording right here.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Best ‘Ask the Expert’ Ever? PPM: The Core of an Effective Procurement Operating Model
- Exploring ‘Total Cost’ as a Productivity KPI for the P2P Process
- Analyzing the Tradeshift/C2FO Partnership: Much More Than Meets the Discounting Eye
- Examining the Implications of the BravoSolution/Verian Partnership
- Work Intermediation Platforms – The Emergence of New Labor Services Ecosystems
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- The Biggest Gaps and Opportunities in Services Procurement
- Can SupplierPay Link Supplier Diversity to Early Payment?
- 3 Classes of Technology to Support the Distance-Based Procurement Equation
- CXC Corporate Services Underscores Growing Need to Field and Manage Global Contract Talent
- Think Distance and Not Global in Procurement Around the World
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- The Independent Workforce “Big Picture” – Services Procurement Professionals Take Note
- Work Market Expands To Third-Party Services Providers — Why You Should Care
- Procurement Lessons From a Surprising Source: the 1980s
- Is Your Supply Chain Disaster-Proof?
- Increase Visibility, Improve Supplier Management: A Procurement Wish List
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Fourth of July Celebration Costs Top Last Year: A Roundup of Holiday Spending Stats
- Spend Matters 50/50: GXS – A Provider to Know in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Natural Gas Inventories Rise Less Than Expected, BP to Pay $18.7 Billion for 2010 Disaster
- Upcoming Webinar: Scouting Premium Talent While Controlling Cost, Risk
- Spend Matters 50/50: DocuSign – A Provider to Know in 2015
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- When Companies Continue to Work with Problematic Suppliers – Is This Normal?
- Sustainable Procurement – Is ‘Right-to-Work’ the Preferred Sustainable Sourcing Criterion?
- Americans Eat 800+ Hot Dogs on Memorial Day and Other (Less Gross) Stats on The Holiday Weekend
- PeoplePerHour Seems Like They Need a Few More People Themselves!
- I’ve Joined Twitter! Stay Tuned for ‘Less Filtered’ Findings