Back in early 2014, Trade Financing Matters’ David Gustin noticed some major changes in the supply chain finance space. Banking and financing firms were increasingly partnering with various supplier B2B networks at a rapid pace. He pointed to this growing trend in one of our popular Ask the Expert webinars, which originally aired in April 2014, titled, Ask the Expert: B2B Commerce Networks Enter the Supply Chain Finance Space. You can check out the full recording of the webinar in this post and learn the difference between trade credit and trade finance and what exactly supplier networks are, how they operate and more.
Spend Matters welcomes this guest post from Brent Meyers, vice president of the central region for Nvoicepay. See part 1 of this series here.
Automated invoicing, electronic payments and vendor portals are where the industry is headed. It’s time to revisit vendor payment terms and look at them in this new light. When terms are too long or payments are late and people don’t live up to their end of the bargain, it affects more than just one relationship. It affects every other relationship you've got.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Identifying the Major Changes in the Supply Chain Finance Space
- Spend Matters Stock Portfolio August Update – Black Monday Takes its Toll
- ESM Solutions Explores the Future, Considers Entering New Markets
- Foundational Procurement KPIs Every CPO, Supply Manager and Buyer Needs To Know
- Freelancer Limited – Anatomy of a Large Global Work Intermediation Platform
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Zirtual – The Sad, Seedy Saga Continues
- How AGCO Built Its Business Case for Global Supply Chain Risk Management
- Pre-Order Our August Direct Materials Sourcing Guide Today!
- The Good the Bad and the Procurement Genie: The Magic Coming to the Contingent Workforce Space
- Webinar: 7/29: Advanced Sourcing Strategy for Raw Materials
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
- Driving Sustained Value in Procurement Outsourcing Services
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: Trade Deficit Shrinks, China’s Economy Impacts Air Cargo Traffic
- Spend Matters 50/50: Invoiceware International – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Pork Prices Fall Nearly 30% Thanks to a Strong US Dollar
- Afternoon Coffee: China’s Economic Slowdown Hits Asia, US Exports
- NLRB Ruling Sending Shock Waves and Uncertainty Across the Economy