Coupa announced last week continued momentum in the first half of 2016, bringing on several large brands and highlighting forthcoming items for the Coupa platform at Inspire 2016. Oildex launched a new field ticket solution designed to bring cloud-based document automation to the oil and gas industry. Afternoon Coffee brings you the latest in procurement and supply chain news.
Are all independent professionals created equally? Are they all simply independent contractors? What makes the misclassification risk profile of these independent workers different from gig workers? What does it mean? Find the answers to these questions and more Wednesday, Sept. 7, at 12 p.m. CDT, for Worker Misclassification — Ungigged. Andrew Karpie, research director, services and labor procurement at Spend Matters, and Don Gillespie, vice president of strategic account development at MBO Partners, will do away with irrational fears and cut right to the converging trends that should lead you to rethink your risk management strategy.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- SciQuest: Vendor Snapshot (Part 1) — Background & Solution Overview
- Procurement Agility Requires an Entirely New Platform-Based Approach
- Concerned About Vendor Credential Compliance Risk? Now There May Be a Way to Rest Easier: GIS
- Statess (State of Flux): Vendor Snapshot (Part 3) — Competitive & Summary Analysis
- Statess (State of Flux): Vendor Snapshot (Part 2) — Product Strengths & Weaknesses
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Understanding the KellyOCG Talent Supply Chain Maturity Model
- Restaurants & Retailers Clean Up Supply Chains, Remove Antibiotics and Harmful Chemicals
- 5 Changes MSPs Can Make to Adapt to the ‘New Normal’ in the Worldwide Workforce
- A Busy October In the Independent Workforce Solutions Space (Part 1)
- PSF Asks ‘What Went Wrong’ With CPS Sole-Source Contract Scandal
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Integrating SAP MM and P2P: When ERP and E-Procurement Must Do a Two-Step ‘Buy’ Together
- ShiftPixy Wants to Slay the Gig Economy Compliance-Risk Dragon
- Maven, an ‘Expertise-as-a-Service’ Platform: WIP of the Week
- Reinventing Supplier Data and Intelligence Businesses: The Premise
- What Procurement Processes are Organizations Automating the Most?
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- ICYMI: What Does Polymorphism Have to Do with Procurement? Everything!
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: Coupa Announces Continued Momentum, Oildex Launches New Solution
- Afternoon Coffee: Ariba Goes to China, Vroozi Annouces New Funding
- Staffing Innovator Genesys Talent Closes $2.1M Seed Round
- MetalMiner Week in Review: Welcome Back to Earth, Metal Prices!
- Intuit QuickBooks Self-Employed and Etsy Partner: Is it Relevant to Procurement?
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Procurement Lessons From the Cast of Friends
- Guns, Platforms, the Circular Economy and ‘an Immodest Proposal’
- What Procurement Practitioners Have Been Waiting For: The Chuck Norris API
- ‘Richard, If We Want to Build the Platform, All We Need to do is … Build the Platform’
- A/P and A/R Hook up in Best Procurement Parody Video Ever