The US manufacturing sector expanded in July, with the Institute for Supply Management July PMI registering at 52.7%. And, an excess supply of oil has caused oil prices to fall again this morning. Afternoon Coffee brings you the latest in procurement and supply chain news.
AGCO uses riskmethods to power its technology solution and to much benefit, as the agriculture manufacturer has seen a significant positive impact on its supply chain as well as its bottom line as a result. Thomas Kase, vice president of research at Spend Matters, has all the details in A Case Study in Global Supply Chain Risk Management: How AGCO Implemented an SCRM Solution to Save Millions, a new piece of free research from the Spend Matters team. An excerpt: “The concept of supply chain risk is front of mind for nearly all Global 2000 firms like never before. Thankfully, as these risk factors grow in importance, new technology is making the underlying drivers more visible as well as more manageable.” Get your copy today!
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- What Makes a CLM Tool Special These Days?
- Xchanging Shares Plummet on Half-Year Report – Questions About Future of Procurement Business
- Contract Lifecycle Management 101: Part 6 – The Standard Contract Management Platform
- Does ‘Open Book’ Help or Hurt the Public Procurement Contract Process?
- FMS and Beyond – Filling in the ‘White Space’ of Sourcing and Engaging the Independent Workforce (Part 1)
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Pre-Order Our August Direct Materials Sourcing Guide Today!
- The Good the Bad and the Procurement Genie: The Magic Coming to the Contingent Workforce Space
- Webinar: 7/29: Advanced Sourcing Strategy for Raw Materials
- Procurement Problems and Possibilities: What the Greece Debt Crisis Means for the Supply Chain
- The Biggest Gaps and Opportunities in Services Procurement
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Analysis: Accenture’s Vision of Supply Analytics Will Be Difficult to Realize
- Supply Analytics Will Become Routine, Predictive: Accenture
- Spend Matters Analysis: Accenture’s “Virtual Company Mall”
- E-Invoicing Discovery Questions: Where to Begin
- Accenture and the Future of Procurement Technology: The Virtual Company Mall
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
- Driving Sustained Value in Procurement Outsourcing Services
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: ISM Reports US Manufacturing Sector Expanded in July, Large Oil Supply Pushes Prices Down
- Spend Matters 50/50: HICX Solutions – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Consumer Sentiment Drops in July, UPS Buys Coyote Logistics
- Spend Matters 50/50: Arachnys – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: GDP Rises, Oil Production and Inventories Fall