Back at the beginning of 2014, Peter Smith, chief research officer and managing director of Spend Matters UK/Europe and Public Spend Matters Europe, identified the top five things procurement professionals should focus on for the coming year. He reflected on these priorities in another one of our popular Ask the Expert webinars: Ask the Expert: 5 Priorities for Procurement Leaders in 2014. This top five list may have been based on trends at the time, but it remains relevant today for a procurement organization to continue creating value for its company, to innovate and improve.
Tradeshift Sponsored Article
The Future and Promise of E-Procurement
All technologies follow a natural progression, beginning with conception and followed by iterations of improvement. In some rare cases, these iterations compound until they accelerate to the point of exponential innovation. In the last couple of decades, we’ve seen more technologies — from computing power to rocketry — reach this upper echelon of development. Now it’s procurement’s turn.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Get Your Priorities Straight, Procurement!
- Defining a Process for Strategically Sourcing VMS and Services Procurement Technology
- Will Zycus Build Toward a PaaS Vision, Open Network and Virtualized Suite?
- A Quiet September For Our Spend Matters Stock Portfolio
- Challenges and Changes: What Digital Transformation Means for Contingent Workforce Procurement – Part 2
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Global Supply Chain Risk Management and the Recent China Disaster
- Zirtual – The Sad, Seedy Saga Continues
- How AGCO Built Its Business Case for Global Supply Chain Risk Management
- Pre-Order Our August Direct Materials Sourcing Guide Today!
- The Good the Bad and the Procurement Genie: The Magic Coming to the Contingent Workforce Space
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- The Future and Promise of E-Procurement
- E-Signatures, Digital Signatures: Their Differences and What They Mean for You
- Final Thoughts From Zycus Horizon: It’s All About the Customer
- Zycus Horizon: Welcoming a New P2P Vendor
- What’s Happening to Xchanging’s Procurement Solutions Offering? An Interview With the Top Team
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
- Driving Sustained Value in Procurement Outsourcing Services
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: Jobless Claims Fall Near 42-Year Low, Americans Spend More Thanks to Gas Savings
- Afternoon Coffee: SABMiller Says No to Third Anheuser Offer, Job Creation Steady in September
- Services Sector Growth Slows Amid Global Economic Contraction
- Xchanging’s Procurement Assets: Time to Sell?
- Afternoon Coffee: Trade Deficit Rises, Supply Chain Providers Are Optimistic About TPP