The aviation industry is flying high on a large backlog of orders, but manufacturers are struggling to build and deliver planes on time. Australian work intermediation platform (WIP) Freelancer Ltd saw its share price rise 5% Thursday after a strong showing in its half-year profit results. Afternoon Coffee brings you the latest in procurement and supply chain news.
The world’s second-largest copper mine, the Grasberg open pit mine, in Indonesia, sits idle as its operator, Arizona-based Freeport-McMoran, and the government of Indonesia squabble over permitting issues. President Donald Trump’s administration is mulling changes to how the U.S. calculates trade deficits. The Week in Metals brings you the latest procurement and supply chain news from our sister site MetalMiner.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Hone Your Procurement Negotiation Skills By Learning the Right Way to Think
- eBid Systems: Vendor Snapshot (Part 2) — Product Strengths & Weaknesses
- eBid Systems: Vendor Snapshot (Part 1) — Background & Solution Overview
- Rethinking and Reclaiming “Tail Spend”: 6 Key Variables to Consider
- Beyond the Traditional SRM Scorecard: Supplier Management Metrics to Diagnose Your Supplier Management Operations (Part 1: Search and Enablement)
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Human Capital Innovation (Part 1): Technology, Talent and a New Playbook for Organizations
- Supplier Diversity Success Story: How an MBE Partnership Won a $100M+ Contract
- What is Supplier Management? Here’s a Primer
- Sustainable Nutella: A New Report on Palm Oil Supply Chain Transparency
- 3 Reasons Why Procurement Needs to Worry About Mexico
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- ICYMI: 2017 Contingent Workforce Tech Trends and Their Impact on Procurement
- IQNavigator + Beeline’s Doug Leeby Answers Burning Questions on Product Roadmap, SAP Fieldglass and More
- New Research: Bridging the Contract Lifecycle Management Technology Gap
- IQNavigator + Beeline Update: Doug Leeby Discusses Merger Reactions, Vision for Combined Organization
- Emerging Procurement Platform Trends and Technologies: Webinar Tomorrow
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Deriving Competitive Advantage from a Sustainable Supply Chain
- The State of Sustainable Procurement: Latest EcoVadis/HEC Barometer is Released
- 3 Insights for Procurement from aPriori’s Cost Insight Conference
- 4 Habits That Can Sink a Procurement Consultant’s Career
- ERP or Best-of-Breed (BoB)? Here’s How to Quickly Settle That Whole Thing
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: Aviation Supply Chain Stretched to its Limit, Freelancer Ltd Shares Climb on Results
- The Week in Metals: Indonesia, Freeport-McMoran Fight Over Grasberg
- Afternoon Coffee: Tesla Gains a Grip on its Supply Chain, Retail Execs Prioritize Digital Transformation
- Millennials in Supply Chain Discuss Their Weaknesses and Challenges (Part 2)
- Afternoon Coffee: New Supply Management Awards Announced, BravoSolution Releases 2016 Results
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Breaking Down Global Silos (Part 1): Did Rio Ruin Houston’s New ERP Launch?
- Will Trump Deregulate Employment to Create New Jobs, Gigs or What?
- The Untimely Demise of FMS: Gone, Buried and All But Forgotten
- Beware the 4IR and AI — Or Should Procurement Embrace It?
- How I Left the Corporate Office to Run My Own Consultancy