Americans will consume more than 800 hot dogs per second this weekend. Think about that. Per second. But hey, it’s Memorial Day! It’s the “unofficial” start of summer. And, I bet in addition to us honoring our veterans, a bunch of us are partaking in some barbecuing and probably, as the statistic above shows, eating a hot dog. We share some other statistics about this weekend, including how many people are traveling by car, what drivers should expect to pay for gas and which products shoppers should avoid buying. Hope you are enjoying the holiday!
Spend Matters PRO has been chock-full lately of in-depth analysis on solution providers. In case you missed any of these multi-part series, or are still trying to decide on the best provider for your procurement organization and want a refresher course, here is a round up of some of these premium posts. Included in this round up are deep dives on spend management solution providers Unimarket and SciQuest, e-sourcing solution provider Intesource and CPQ and contract management solutions provider Apttus.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Contractual Risk Assessment And its Role in Corporate Risk Management
- Exploring Work Market: Market Context, Customer Experience and Recommendations
- Bringing Innovation and Flexibility to Category Management – Category Management 2.0 (Part 3)
- Field Nation Acquisition of Field Solutions: What It Means for WIP, FMS Markets
- How Technology Helps Take Category Management to the Next Level – Category Management 2.0 (Part 2)
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Guide to Solution Providers: A Spend Matters PRO Round Up
- Strategic Sourcing in Developing Countries
- Is Sustainable Trade Finance an Oxymoron? The Palm Oil Story
- VMSA Live ‘Scorecard’ – Reflections on the Recent Contingent Workforce/Staffing Supply Chain Conference
- Make Vs. Buy For Procurement Market Research
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- New Purchasing Technology: Using Tools That Delight Rather Than Distract
- A Procurement Manifesto: Article 1 – Technology in Our Personal Lives
- CSR: Do You Use Environmentally Friendly Laptops? Can You Replace Batteries?
- Elegance And Simplicity of New Purchasing: Mobile Payments
- Does IBM Emptoris, Coupa Announcement Raise More Partnership Questions Than Answers?
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- GSA Schedule 70: The Federal Government’s Amazon
- Deloitte’s Take: Procurement Compensation in Talent Management
- Deloitte’s Take: Virtuous Churn in Procurement Should be Welcomed, Not Feared
- Thoughts on the Kail Netflix Case: Should Procurement Look at the CIO as a Thief?
- How to Mentor and Manage Procurement Talent: A View From Deloitte
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Spend Matters 50/50: E2open – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Gas Prices to Spike to 2015 High This Weekend, Walmart Releases New Food Supplier Guidelines
- Spend Matters 50/50: Amazon Business – A Provider to Know in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Egg Supply Shortage Expected, Senate Passes Asian Trade Bill
- Direct Procurement Checklist: Partner Enablement and Executing Connectivity
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Americans Eat 800+ Hot Dogs on Memorial Day and Other (Less Gross) Stats on The Holiday Weekend
- PeoplePerHour Seems Like They Need a Few More People Themselves!
- I’ve Joined Twitter! Stay Tuned for ‘Less Filtered’ Findings
- The VA’s Big Procurement Problem – And Why We Are So Angry About It
- More Procurement Myths Debunked on Chief Procurement Officer Website