China’s economic woes are hitting other Asian countries. South Korea exports tumbled 14.7% in August compared to the same month in 2014 as demand from China, it largest trading partner, fell. And, exports from the US are also expected to fall this year amid the Chinese slowing economy. Volume of US containerized exports is expected to drop 2.4% in 2015. In the first quarter of the year, containerized exports declined 8.3%. Afternoon Coffee brings you the latest in procurement and supply chain news.
New Research: Emerging Compliance Management Intermediaries in Classifying the Independent Workforce
Uber and Postmates, among other platform companies, are contributing wonderful services to the public but are also presenting a new crisis in terms of worker classification. Andrew Karpie, research analyst, services and labor procurement at Spend Matters, recently teamed up with MBO Partners for the new research brief, Understanding the Current Worker Classification Crisis, the New Independent Workforce, and What It Is Not – The Emergence of the Compliance Management Intermediary. Get your full copy today!
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- ESM Solutions Explores the Future, Considers Entering New Markets
- Foundational Procurement KPIs Every CPO, Supply Manager and Buyer Needs To Know
- Freelancer Limited – Anatomy of a Large Global Work Intermediation Platform
- Procurement Provider Patents and the Potential Risk to Practitioners
- Is Total Talent Management Really the Next Big Thing? Or is There Something Else?
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Zirtual – The Sad, Seedy Saga Continues
- How AGCO Built Its Business Case for Global Supply Chain Risk Management
- Pre-Order Our August Direct Materials Sourcing Guide Today!
- The Good the Bad and the Procurement Genie: The Magic Coming to the Contingent Workforce Space
- Webinar: 7/29: Advanced Sourcing Strategy for Raw Materials
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
- Driving Sustained Value in Procurement Outsourcing Services
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: China’s Economic Slowdown Hits Asia, US Exports
- NLRB Ruling Sending Shock Waves and Uncertainty Across the Economy
- Spend Matters 50/50: Resilinc – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: US Factory Activity Slows in August, China’s Manufacturing Industry Sees Worst Slump in 3 Years
- 30 Under 30 Program Nomination Period Extended, Spend Matters Talks to Former Nominator