Procurement organizations take note! Especially if you are a procurement professional working in the retail, grocery store and restaurant business. Today, on Spend Matters PRO, Vice President of Research Thomas Kase began his series on Intesource – an e-sourcing provider specifically geared toward these types of companies. The article, which is just Part 1 in a 2-part PRO series, is titled, New Intesource Tools Modernize Procurement In Grocery Retail & Restaurant Verticals. In it, Thomas tells us a bit about the company's background and why he thinks so highly of it.
Spend Matters welcome this guest article by Loraine Hudson of Mintec. You may not have often heard of it, but this little known cereal has big ideals associated with it, having been reported as part of the solution to world hunger. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) is an ancient grain-type cereal that has been growing in popularity over the past few years in the US and Europe due to its health benefits. It has been dubbed a super-food as it contains more protein than brown rice, potatoes or barley, is gluten free and is packed with vitamins and minerals. It can be used in similar ways to other grains for bread, noodle and breakfast products.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- New Intesource Tools Modernize Procurement In Grocery Retail & Restaurant Verticals
- Best of Spend Matters Network – Week of April 20
- cloudBuy: An Enigma Wrapped Inside a Puzzle, Wrapped Inside a…Cloud?
- SciQuest 15.1: Contract Management + E-Procurement, E-Invoicing (Transcepta) and More
- Should CPOs Use Consensus Decision Making? Not Necessarily, Says Latest Research
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Why Optimizing Corporate Mobility Spend is More Critical than Ever
- What We Learned About Supplier Enablement From a Fortune 500 Food/Beverage Firm
- Supplier Enablement and Onboarding Lesson: Use Carrots, Not Sticks!
- Not All Spend and Suppliers Are Created Equal
- Measure Suppliers on Strategic KPIs and Factors – 10 Services Procurement Secrets (No. 9)
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Studying Ariba’s Reinvention: Beyond the Headlines and LIVE Announcements
- Is Ariba Reinventing Itself? E-Procurement Vendor Overcomes Historical Legacies
- Spending Tips: How to Save on Adobe Creative Cloud
- Spend Matters Almanac 50/50: 50 Providers to Watch for 2015
- Spend Matters Almanac 50/50: 50 Providers to Know for 2015
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Unlucky No. 13 – Another Procurement Myth Debunked
- Setting Up Procurement Policy (and Priorities) in Smaller Companies: Where to Begin
- In the Desert on a Horse with No Name – Reflections on the IQNsiders Conference, Talent Pools and the Shimmering Future of Contingent Workforce Management
- Changing a Program From the Inside Out: Tying Organizational Transformation to Services Procurement (Part 2)
- The Case for Change Management in Procurement: From the Horses Mouth
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- A Procurement Solution for the Retail, Restaurant and Grocery Store Sectors
- Quinoa Prices Fall (Finally) Due to Rise in Production
- Spend Matters 50/50: Directworks – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Spring Cleaning of Supply Chains For Chipotle and Adidas, Oil Giants Curb African Projects
- The Times They Are-a-Changin’: Executing Direct Procurement
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Wading In The Deep End Of The Procurement Cesspool
- 2015 Easter Spending Tops Last Year
- We Are Who We Are: Top 5 Procurement Personalities – Part 2
- Top 5 Procurement Personalities Revealed and Why Some Will Surprise You – Part 1
- Procurement Technology Tip: When Ariba/SAP Plays the Executive Card, What Should You Do?