Doing this monthly round-up this year has been a little depressing at times, particularly looking at the performance of the shares chosen by our Spend Matters “expert” team, which includes myself as well as Nancy Clinton, editor of Spend Matters UK/Europe and Public Spend Matters Europe, and Jason Busch, Spend Matters founder and managing director. Remember, we each allocate our own imaginary million dollars across our choice of stocks included in our overall portfolio of 24 firms that have an interest in the procurement solutions market. If you have been keeping up with our portfolio this year, you know we have thus far had a fairly rough go at it. See which companies had a good month and the many others that struggled during July.
Spend Matters welcomes this guest article by Sanyam Khurana of GEP.
We have all heard that famous proverb, but when seen in the context of procurement, my slightly tweaked version still holds true. Classic examples are when hard times hit – a war, a depression or recession, crisis or just a tough period due to wrong decisions – it is the mighty who succeed with their hard work and perseverance. In my experience, procurement is perhaps a function that is seldom heard diligently or given a seat in the executive board. More often than not it is directed to do something, and like a sincere employee, it listens, executes and performs.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- July Stock Portfolio: Accenture and Capgemini Have Successful Month, Others Struggle
- Cross-Industry P2P Lessons From Healthcare, Courtesy of Prodigo
- What Makes a CLM Tool Special These Days?
- Xchanging Shares Plummet on Half-Year Report – Questions About Future of Procurement Business
- Contract Lifecycle Management 101: Part 6 – The Standard Contract Management Platform
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Pre-Order Our August Direct Materials Sourcing Guide Today!
- The Good the Bad and the Procurement Genie: The Magic Coming to the Contingent Workforce Space
- Webinar: 7/29: Advanced Sourcing Strategy for Raw Materials
- Procurement Problems and Possibilities: What the Greece Debt Crisis Means for the Supply Chain
- The Biggest Gaps and Opportunities in Services Procurement
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Virtual Supplier Rooms Will Drive Procurement Innovation: Accenture
- Accounts Payable Automation and E-Invoicing Linkages – Receiving
- Analysis: Accenture’s Vision of Supply Analytics Will Be Difficult to Realize
- Supply Analytics Will Become Routine, Predictive: Accenture
- Spend Matters Analysis: Accenture’s “Virtual Company Mall”
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
- Driving Sustained Value in Procurement Outsourcing Services
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: Gallup Reports Drop in Economic Confidence, Census Says Factory Orders Rose in June
- Spend Matters 50/50: LiveSource (MFG.com) – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- SMP Prices at Their Lowest in 6 Years
- Afternoon Coffee: ISM Reports US Manufacturing Sector Expanded in July, Large Oil Supply Pushes Prices Down
- Spend Matters 50/50: HICX Solutions – A Provider to Watch in 2015