Spend Matters welcomes this guest article by Dan Warn, VP at BravoSolution. Last year Congress passed the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act (DATA Act), designed to expand the amount of federal spending data available to the public. The federal government is now under tremendous pressure to improve spending transparency, cut costs and be more efficient than ever. For many agencies, attaining these goals might feel like a considerable undertaking, however, it’s also an opportunity to look for a better, more strategic approach to procurement.
E2open is one of our 50 Providers to Watch. We will be highlighting all 100 companies (50 to Know, 50 to Watch) in our 2015 Spend Matters Almanac over the span of 100 days. Practitioners are encouraged to browse the categories listed in our Almanac to find the provider that best fits their needs. E2open recently went private, allowing it to focus more intently on customers and not have to worry about quarterly earnings. E2open started as an industry-sponsored e-marketplace in high tech back in the dot-com era, but has slowly expanded its role to become one of the pre-eminent supply chain information networks in the market.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Contractual Risk Assessment And its Role in Corporate Risk Management
- Exploring Work Market: Market Context, Customer Experience and Recommendations
- Bringing Innovation and Flexibility to Category Management – Category Management 2.0 (Part 3)
- Field Nation Acquisition of Field Solutions: What It Means for WIP, FMS Markets
- How Technology Helps Take Category Management to the Next Level – Category Management 2.0 (Part 2)
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Strategic Sourcing in Developing Countries
- Is Sustainable Trade Finance an Oxymoron? The Palm Oil Story
- VMSA Live ‘Scorecard’ – Reflections on the Recent Contingent Workforce/Staffing Supply Chain Conference
- Make Vs. Buy For Procurement Market Research
- McDonald’s and Deforestation: Supply Chain Traceability vs. Visibility
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- New Purchasing Technology: Using Tools That Delight Rather Than Distract
- A Procurement Manifesto: Article 1 – Technology in Our Personal Lives
- CSR: Do You Use Environmentally Friendly Laptops? Can You Replace Batteries?
- Elegance And Simplicity of New Purchasing: Mobile Payments
- Does IBM Emptoris, Coupa Announcement Raise More Partnership Questions Than Answers?
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- GSA Schedule 70: The Federal Government’s Amazon
- Deloitte’s Take: Procurement Compensation in Talent Management
- Deloitte’s Take: Virtuous Churn in Procurement Should be Welcomed, Not Feared
- Thoughts on the Kail Netflix Case: Should Procurement Look at the CIO as a Thief?
- How to Mentor and Manage Procurement Talent: A View From Deloitte
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Spend Matters 50/50: E2open – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Gas Prices to Spike to 2015 High This Weekend, Walmart Releases New Food Supplier Guidelines
- Spend Matters 50/50: Amazon Business – A Provider to Know in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Egg Supply Shortage Expected, Senate Passes Asian Trade Bill
- Direct Procurement Checklist: Partner Enablement and Executing Connectivity
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- PeoplePerHour Seems Like They Need a Few More People Themselves!
- I’ve Joined Twitter! Stay Tuned for ‘Less Filtered’ Findings
- The VA’s Big Procurement Problem – And Why We Are So Angry About It
- More Procurement Myths Debunked on Chief Procurement Officer Website
- ISM 2015: Storm Rolls In Ahead of Supply Chain Risk Discussion