The fact is that online talent use is a growing trend and isn't going anywhere. The time is now to jump on the bandwagon as other enterprises are sourcing qualified talent with specialized skills and reaping the benefits! register for How Enterprises are Using Online Talent: Case Studies and Trends on Wednesday, July 27 at 11 a.m. CDT.
Spend Matters welcomes this guest post from Jara Zicha, a market analyst at Mintec.
Over the last 35 years the nut industry has expanded with ever increasing production, closely linked demand and more efficient global logistic chains. Current world production for all nut types is upwards of 3.7 million metric tonnes; this volume is around 60% higher than production recorded a decade earlier. For those not familiar with the market, the four most important nuts are almonds, pistachios, walnuts and cashews; however, from a U.S. perspective, peanuts are certainly on par with almonds. Even though the southern states of the U.S. produce peanuts, the U.S. relies on trading partners like Argentina to support its industry.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Technology, Platforms, Disruption and the Transformation of the Consulting Industry
- SirionLabs: Vendor Snapshot (Part 3) — Summary Analysis & Recommendations
- SirionLabs: Vendor Snapshot (Part 2) — Product Strengths & Weaknesses
- SirionLabs: Vendor Snapshot (Part 1) — Background & Solution Overview
- Analytics8 SpendView: Solution Review & Analysis
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- 5 Changes MSPs Can Make to Adapt to the ‘New Normal’ in the Worldwide Workforce
- A Busy October In the Independent Workforce Solutions Space (Part 1)
- PSF Asks ‘What Went Wrong’ With CPS Sole-Source Contract Scandal
- Global Supply Chain Risk Management and the Recent China Disaster
- Zirtual – The Sad, Seedy Saga Continues
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Maven, an ‘Expertise-as-a-Service’ Platform: WIP of the Week
- Reinventing Supplier Data and Intelligence Businesses: The Premise
- What Procurement Processes are Organizations Automating the Most?
- Opternative, a Kind of Uber for Eye Exams: WIP of the Week
- eBay Launches eBay Business Supply, a Rebrand of its B2B Offerings
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- ICYMI: What Does Polymorphism Have to Do with Procurement? Everything!
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Heavy Rains Threaten to Reduce Peanut Production in Argentina
- Afternoon Coffee: US Manufacturing Grows Sharply in July, Brexit Drags Down Europe’s Business Activity
- Afternoon Coffee: Target Hires Former Apple Supply Chain Exec, Wal-Mart Asks Suppliers to Stop Using 8 Harmful Chemicals
- Afternoon Coffee: EU Launches Case Against China for ‘Unfair’ Restrictions on Exports
- Afternoon Coffee: Dell’s EMC Acquisition Could Impact Supplier Payment Terms, New York Files Lawsuit Against VW
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Guns, Platforms, the Circular Economy and ‘an Immodest Proposal’
- What Procurement Practitioners Have Been Waiting For: The Chuck Norris API
- ‘Richard, If We Want to Build the Platform, All We Need to do is … Build the Platform’
- A/P and A/R Hook up in Best Procurement Parody Video Ever
- Colman’s Mustard, TA National Trading and Amazon Business: Juxtaposing Questionable Merchant Practices With Awesome Customer Service