Late last week, I posted a handful of some of the better posts from MetalMiner. If you have not already checked it out, Metal Miner is a new, Spend Matters Affiliate Blog with extensive insights for those in the global metals trading and sourcing communities. MetalMiner is co-edited by metals sourcing experts Lisa Reisman (my wife) and Stuart Burns (my London source for contraband cigars) of Aptium Global, Inc. Without further adieu, let's take a quick look at a few more of the best posts from Metal Miner thus far.
6. The Environment, The World's Cheapest Car and the Price of Copper. This piece offers a multi-faceted look at several different avenues in the metals industry.
7. Buy 'Em, Hold 'Em, Sell 'Em, Hedge 'Em. Both Lisa and Stuart share opinions on different sourcing strategies used in various markets.
8. Playing the (Price Arbitrage) Game. Can the price arbitrage game work for buyers and sellers of all sizes? Yes, it can, this article says.
9. How Green Is My Supply Chain? Stuart Burns offers an insightful discussion and advice on the topic of carbon foot printing and the importance of "green". In fact, there is also a second part to this article. In addition, Amy Edwards recently added another green piece to MetalMiner's repertoire, with a post on green innovations in the metals industry.
10. Finally, I would like to share a post on the latest feature of MetalMiner: MetalMiner Launches Free Saving Tool. The new tool, MetalSaver, is a clever little self-assessment tool designed to help companies identify metals savings opportunities and to benchmark how their metals sourcing strategies stack up.
Check MetalMiner each weekday for updates every morning.
- Jason Busch