Today is one busy day at Spend Matters HQ, at least from my vantage point. I'm leading two webinars on two very different topics: P2P success secrets and getting past using reverse auctions and basic RFX capabilities in sourcing. I have an hour between shows to catch a bit of a break, but besides that, I'll be jumping from one to the next with the motivation of a slow jog to follow and the balmy Chicago winter weather to get me through it (that and a Half Acre -- a great Chicago brew that puts Goose Island to shame -- that will follow at the end of the day). I know Sheena is happy that we're not hosting these webinars back-to-back ourselves, but regardless, with the city street and radiator noise we face from our first floor office in a 1920s high-rise, it's never a dull webinar moment. That's for sure!
We're doing both webinars live with two partner organizations: sharedserviceslink.com and ISM (Zycus is sponsoring the ISM webinar). The first webinar is at 11:00 AM CT with sharedserviceslink.com. Learn more about it (and register) by clicking here: Top procure-to-pay secrets to realize your cost reduction and working capital ambitions. The second webinar is at 1:00 PM CT. You can register for it here: Leaving Reverse Auctions in the Dust: Discovering a Next Generation of Sourcing Technologies.
On the first webinar, I'm planning to focus on covering the basic P2P ground, but in a pragmatic manner, answering the following types of questions: How do you choose the right procure-to-pay technologies for you? What can current electronic invoicing and invoice automation capabilities achieve? What must be done to maximize the return on your procure-to-pay technology investments? I'm hoping to leave attendees with a number of key takeaways if all goes as planned, including:
- How to create business cases for P2P investment based on a variety of different criteria
- Identify what type of buyer each organization is to understand the specific vendors that are most likely to help address your top concerns and opportunities vs. just sharing a generic shortlist
- An approach to create vendor shortlists based on unique organizational requirements
- Common pitfalls and challenges in procure-to-pay implementations
- How to achieve significant value from deployments in less than six months
- How to make collaborative decisions between accounts payable and procurement to address both the up and downstream components of the procure-to-pay lifecycle
Sound interesting? Join me in a few hours with sharedserviceslink.com for: Top procure-to-pay secrets to realize your cost reduction and working capital ambitions. And the offer stands for anyone that wants to meet me at the office at 3:15 or so today after these two webinars to get some fresh air and hit the lakefront trail for a relaxed 5-mile jog -- not to mention the Half Acre to follow.