I recently had the chance to catch up with Everest Group’s Saurabh Gupta, author of the recent report Supply Chain Management (SCM) BPO – Beyond Procurement Outsourcing (PO) (subscription/purchase required). We were discussing procurement BPO and Everest Group’s research in the area, and I was curious to see whether Saurabh’s report has a list of technology partnerships that procurement BPO providers are leveraging in their go-to-market strategies.
Here’s Saurabh’s list of some of the more prominent partnerships:
- Accenture leverages Ariba, SAP, Hubwoo, Coupa, MS Dynamics AX, and IQN for its S2P solution.
- IBM leverages ERPs including Ariba, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and JD Edwards for its S2P solution. Support software includes Emptoris, Iron Mountain, ACL, and OB-10.
- Capgemini offers the IBX proprietary, multi-tenant platform built on a SAP technology foundation.
- Genpact has partnerships with Ariba and Coupa in the S2P space.
- HP leverages GEP’s technology for procurement.
- Infosys’ Source-to-Pay platform is powered by SAP technology.
- TCS’ PO platform is also based on SAP. Their F&A platform is Oracle-based.
- WNS is collaborating with Ariba.
- Wipro has partnerships with Ariba, Coupa, and SAP.
One of the more successful providers in the sector that partners with numerous BPO providers, not just in press release but also in practice, is OB10. The need for e-invoicing and supplier network connectivity is strong across multiple BPO business cases, so perhaps this is no surprise! Whether it’s Accounts Payable outsourcing, req-to-pay system management/hosting or e-invoicing enablement, OB10 and select other supplier networks have a strong story to tell in the procurement BPO ecosystem.
Even though we cover procurement technology, including supplier networks, at a highly granular level, our coverage of the procurement BPO market is limited compared to Everest Group, HfS Research and other analysts specializing in the broader outsourcing market. We strongly encourage our readers to consult these research providers when evaluating the procurement BPO market.