In the first installment of this series, Scenarios for ISM/Member Organizations in 2020: Introduction and Context, we introduced five scenarios for member organizations such as ISM in 2020:
- Scenario A: Trusted Point of Reference and Industry Standards
- Scenario B: Embedded Organizational Extensions
- Scenario C: Custodians of Data and Knowledge
- Scenario D: Activism and Influence
- Scenario E: Social Connectivity, Coaching and Networking
Today we’ll work with the first two of these scenarios in more detail.
Scenario A: Trusted Point of Reference and Industry Standards
Overview: Member organizations set the “gold standard” not only for certifications and credentialing but also serve as trusted references outside of talent credentialing and continuing education; for example, completely trusted “Angie’s List” like services and ratings for members-only access.
The rest of this PRO research brief can be found on Spend Matters PRO. If you’d like to become a Spend Matters PRO member, please subscribe. If you’re not ready to subscribe or wonder why you should, we’ve answered some FAQs here or you can email a Spend Matters team member directly. If you’re not into paying for content, we get that too. Thanks for reading!