Directworks is one of our 50 Providers to Watch. We will be highlighting all 100 companies (50 to Know, 50 to Watch) in our 2015 Spend Matters Almanac over the span of 100 days. All companies are listed alphabetically almanac, and purposely not ranked. Our first 17 will include those that will be at the ISM Conference on May 3 and 4.
Directworks is not "just another" strategic sourcing tool, the company has spent over 10 years wading knee-deep into the complexities of sourcing on the direct side, and is pulling this off successfully with its many manufacturing clients. There is, of course, nothing to prevent you from using their solution for indirect sourcing, too - after all, a good portion of the top leadership came from FreeMarkets (now Ariba/SAP).
By the nature of the direct side, collaboration runs deep in all Directworks' modules – its suite uses the same names as its indirect centered names’ sakes but contain quite different goodies in the modules (engineering/design collaboration, total cost management, etc.). Here are examples of how Directworks is different:
- Sourcing – includes total cost builds – as you'd expect from a direct side-centric firm, and the details are quite granular (think product design)
- Supplier Management – has a heavy dose of S&OP thinking with capacity planning
- Business Process Automation – contains the PPAP, FAI, project management and PO approvals that the business side needs to drive efficiently
- Compliance – which is more like typical SLM and onboarding solutions capturing compliance with various initiatives such as REACH, ITAR and export restrictions
Spend Matters has been impressed with Directworks since its Co-eXprise days. Thankfully the company name was changed to the far snappier Directworks 2 years ago. Directworks also offers strong IP and data protection as part of their solution.
Directworks is a firm to consider if you:
- Need to involve your engineers, designers and procurement on the same platform for fast, effective and compliant build-to-cost procurement
- Need to address complex compliance concerns before irrevocable decisions are made
- Need to carefully manage how sensitive product information is disseminated across your organization and to suppliers
Get your company alongside Deem and the rest of the 50/50 by signing up for a FREE Almanac listing today!