GEP is the proverbial Swiss Army knife of the procurement world. Founded back in 1999, and boasting a global workforce of over 1,500 worldwide, GEP is a true global services provider that offers Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), transformation as a service (i.e., consulting), business processes as a service (i.e., outsourcing) and everything in between.
It would be easy to characterize GEP as a jack of all trades, master of none, but quite the contrary. GEP has survived and thrived because of a single trade: global procurement services with a relentless customer focus. This focus creates the funding that has methodically built out all of the tools in that super-sized army knife, even if each individual tool may not necessarily be the biggest or best in the world.
The breadth of GEP’s capabilities basically means that the firm could be invited to nearly any RFP for any type of procurement service, but the ideal client of GEP is one that wants:
- Global presence and capabilities in a provider that you want to develop a relationship with over the long haul
- Flexibility in a service partner that can offer customized solutions of software and expertise served up by business process, spend category and geography
- Similar flexibility in wanting guaranteed results/outcomes or on-demand capabilities depending on your situation
- A combination of a "single throat to choke" provider, but one that doesn’t steamroll them with one-size-fits-all solutions and one that can provide targeted solutions development to meet unique needs
- Value in terms of savings output for investment input. GEP's global cost structure and operating rigor helps the company deliver on this fundamental equation