Basware is a cloud-based purchase-to-pay (P2P) and e-invoicing solutions company. One of the biggest business networks in the market, the Basware Commerce Network connects 1 million companies across 100 countries and generates 80 million transactions a year. It does this using an open network that provides linkages with more than 180 B2B networks globally, allowing customers to transact in many places they do business. The company’s solutions run on its Alusta platform. (Alusta is the Finnish word for platform.)
Founded in 1985, Espoo, Finland-based Basware employs more than 1,500 people worldwide and reported revenue of more than €127 million ($138.7 million) in 2014. The provider has an organic and acquisition-based growth strategy. With its recent acquisition of London-based Procserve, for example, Basware gained a strong position in the UK’s public sector e-procurement market.
B2B document exchange comprises Basware’s core business. The company’s offerings also include:
- Accounts payable automation solutions – expenses, invoice match and payment.
- Procurement solutions – sourcing, contract, catalog, purchase and travel
- Transaction services – e-invoicing, e-ordering, e-catalogs, scan and capture
- Basware anyERP – A proprietary middleware that integrates with numerous ERPs to enable communication with Basware’s solutions
Basware has a commercial model offering that allows small and medium-sized enterprises as well as large enterprises to implement Basware solutions and services based on selected modules, transaction volume and named users.
Basware may be a good fit for your company:
- If you are a small business or large corporate that needs to simplify and streamline its P2P or order-to-cash processes, while also improving your relationships with suppliers
- If you are looking for an open business network to enable transactional connectivity with trading partners for indirect-centered or invoice-based procurement documents
- If you are looking to outsource many of the elements of e-invoicing, e-ordering and e-catalogs activities
- If you are a European public sector company looking for an e-procurement or e-invoicing solution
- If you are looking for a P2P service provider that has experience integrating numerous back-office systems