In planning the first annual ISM and Spend Matters Global Procurement Tech Summit, the factors of luck and time were not with us. When we locked-in and published our conference date for March 14–16 last fall, a few days later Ariba announced its U.S. conference would be on the same days, moving LIVE up two months. Moreover, planning and executing a conference within roughly half a year from ideation to event is unheard of — especially when your most important goal is to have exceptional content and speakers.
But with the ISM and Spend Matters teams working around the clock for months, we managed to pull it off, and the content is going to be exceptional. We know next year’s Global Procurement Tech Summit will be even better with a full year to plan it (and some advanced calls with Ariba/SAP to make sure we don’t hold our events on the same days!)
Here are some highlights with only a week to go before the event:
- Our initial conservative plan had called for roughly 200 attendees, but we’ve exceeded this number already and we’re almost sold out!
- A number Spend Matters analysts will be attending, including Pierre Mitchell, Andrew Karpie, Xavier Olivera, Peter Smith, Lisa Reisman and me. If you attend, be sure to track us down to say hello!
- Our sponsors have proved incredibly supportive. We’re thankful for the participation of Coupa (Diamond Sponsor), GEP (Platinum Sponsor) and Deloitte, IBM, KPMG and TAMR (Gold Sponsors). Other sponsors include BravoSolution, RapidRatings, BuyerQuest, The Shelby Group, Vinimaya and Winddle.
- Attendees are coming from all industries (including the public sector) and all size firms. Some organizations represented include Accenture, Bayer, Capital One, Google, Hitachi, Honeywell, HP, Intel, ITW, Johnson & Johnson, MetLife, Pfizer and Rolls-Royce. A number of folks are flying in from Latin America, Europe and the Middle East, as well.
- We, like all of our readers and ISM members, are incredibly curious to hear Amazon’s Prentis Wilson talk candidly about Amazon Business, a venture on everyone’s mind today from industrial buyers to services firms to technology vendors. Just what is Amazon Business up to? We’ll find out next week.
- No subject will go untouched. Bitcoin, blockchain, platforms, total value models, resilient supply chains, big data analytics — we’ve got it all covered.
- The seven-day weather forecast is looking splendid: 60 degrees and sunny as the event kicks off an early spring in Baltimore. (No March ice storms on the East Coast!)
It’s not too late to register — at least until seats run out. The ISM and Spend Matters teams look forward to seeing you next week in Baltimore at the Global Procurement Tech Summit.