The end is nigh. Join Jason Busch, founder and head of strategy at Spend Matters, and Duncan Jones, of Forrester, for wit, musings and some behind-the-scenes analysis on procurement as we know it. Don't Wish on an Asteroid: Death, Dinosaurs and Procurement will take place Wednesday, March 30, at 12 p.m. CDT, and will cover:
- Why procurement must think like an online retailer or face extinction (embracing sell-side e-commerce versus fighting it)
- Mobile – is it a panacea or portable menace?
- How to move beyond stupid edicts (e.g., “no PO, no pay”)
- How to become a “preferred customer” to suppliers (hint: you can still negotiate!)
- Making savings an outcome, not a goal — and how to do it
- What not to do (that you’re doing already): how to make enemies and influence nobody
- The “Invisible Procurement HR Hand”: why the talent problem will eventually fix itself unless you meddle with it too much first
- Debating the merits of a name change: is “procurement” still right?
- If the asteroid does hit: where to take cover and how