We are at a procurement crossroads. Our function must think like an online retailer or face the threat of extinction. This means embracing sell-side e-commerce instead of fighting it. Join Spend Matters' Jason Busch and Forrester's Duncan Jones for Don't Wish on an Asteroid: Death, Dinosaurs and Procurement on Wednesday, March 30, at 12 p.m. CDT.
Also on the agenda:
- Mobile – is it a panacea or portable menace?
- How to move beyond idiotic edicts (e.g., “no PO, no pay”)
- How to become a “preferred customer” to suppliers (hint: you can still negotiate!)
- Making savings an outcome, not a goal — and how to do it
- What not to do (that you’re doing already): how to make enemies and influence nobody
- The “Invisible Procurement HR Hand”: why the talent problem will eventually fix itself unless you meddle with it too much first
- Debating the merits of a name change: is “procurement” still right?
- If the asteroid does hit: where to take cover and how