Extinction, the end times, apocalypse — whatever you want to call it — is upon us in the procurement world ... unless we start thinking like online retailers and embrace sell-side e-commerce. Join Spend Matters and Forrester this Wednesday, March 30, at 12 p.m. CDT, for Don't Wish on an Asteroid: Death, Dinosaurs and Procurement, sponsored by Coupa.
We will cover:
- Mobile – is it a panacea or portable menace?
- How to move beyond stupid edicts (e.g., “no PO, no pay”)
- How to become a “preferred customer” to suppliers (hint: you can still negotiate!)
- Making savings an outcome, not a goal – and how to do it
- What not to do (that you’re doing already): how to make enemies and influence nobody
- The “Invisible Procurement HR Hand”: why the talent problem will eventually fix itself unless you meddle with it too much first
- Debating the merits of a name change: is “procurement” still right?
- If the asteroid does hit: where to take cover and how