Few procurement professionals moonlight as IT professionals. So why then are they expected to master technology and software that is overly complex and utilitarian just to accomplish their every day tasks? It doesn't have to be this way. Join Jason Busch, founder and head of strategy at Spend Matters, Paul Blake, senior manager, product marketing at GEP, and Puneet Goel, vice president, product management at GEP, for Why Can't Procurement Technology Be Beautiful AND Powerful? on Wednesday, April 27, at 10 a.m. CDT.
We will cover:
- How procurement can get in touch with the ways users want to interact with technology
- Ways to improve adoption by learning from consumerization and social paradigms
- Strategies for prioritizing all users at once — not just the CPO
- How to make the software experience “beautiful”
- What user environments to support today and tomorrow (desktop, mobile, Internet of Things, “device-less”)
- What does “intuitive” really mean in software?
- The difference between “simplified” and “streamlined”
- What ease-of-use really means in a user context
- The changing workforce and how it uses technologies — beyond just demographics
- Any of your specific questions or discussion points