Prices for most plastics will continue rising during the fourth quarter, thanks to surging raw material costs, capacity issues and a rebound in crude oil. Observers are mixed on the current market state. In late August, Plastic News’ Bill Wood asserted domestic plastic production was actually down most of 2016 and will likely end the year flat.
Technology is changing how we live our lives. From smartphones to the cloud, consumers have an almost unfathomable number of ways to access and produce information compared with only 10 years ago. The same goes for procurement. Emerging technologies like machine learning and blockchain are changing how companies buy — and challenging procurement to change with them. In this Spend Matters Conversation, Founder and Head of Strategy Jason Busch talks with SAP Ariba President Alex Atzberger about how procurement is growing up alongside technology and what users of the future will expect from their solutions.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- BlueCart: Vendor Snapshot (Part 2) — Product Strengths and Weaknesses
- BlueCart: Vendor Snapshot (Part 1) — Background and Solution Overview
- Pricing Trends: VMS and MSP Pricing and Trends for SOW Programs
- Avetta: Vendor Snapshot (Part 3) — Competitive and Summary Analysis
- 7 Secrets to Creating Supply Risk Management Leverage
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Understanding the KellyOCG Talent Supply Chain Maturity Model
- Restaurants & Retailers Clean Up Supply Chains, Remove Antibiotics and Harmful Chemicals
- 5 Changes MSPs Can Make to Adapt to the ‘New Normal’ in the Worldwide Workforce
- A Busy October In the Independent Workforce Solutions Space (Part 1)
- PSF Asks ‘What Went Wrong’ With CPS Sole-Source Contract Scandal
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Integrating SAP MM and P2P: When ERP and E-Procurement Must Do a Two-Step ‘Buy’ Together
- ShiftPixy Wants to Slay the Gig Economy Compliance-Risk Dragon
- Maven, an ‘Expertise-as-a-Service’ Platform: WIP of the Week
- Reinventing Supplier Data and Intelligence Businesses: The Premise
- What Procurement Processes are Organizations Automating the Most?
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- ICYMI: What Does Polymorphism Have to Do with Procurement? Everything!
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Lentil Prices Plummeted in Recent Months, but will it Last?
- Eww, Canada … Gold Smuggling the Hard Way: The Week in Metals
- Afternoon Coffee: MetalMiner Launches New China Project, WTO Sides With Boeing in Trade Spat
- Plastics Markets Calm Despite Volatile Crude and Capacity Shifts
- Afternoon Coffee: Amazon Business Targets Grainger, Tipalti Raises $14 Million