A column in the New York Times earlier this week laid out an uplifting picture of the U.S. economy. A high schooler created a machine learning system that can autogenerate new rap songs. Afternoon Coffee brings you the latest in procurement and supply chain news.
Contingent workforce procurement and management in a professional services company is oftentimes a unique activity. Performance metrics, while similar to other programs, are prioritized differently. Costs are monitored more closely, as they are directly tied to operating margins, and time to fill is a crucial metric. For a large program that hires thousands of contractors yearly, each day of cycle time reduction can add millions to the top line.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Rethinking and Reclaiming “Tail Spend”: 6 Key Variables to Consider
- Beyond the Traditional SRM Scorecard: Supplier Management Metrics to Diagnose Your Supplier Management Operations (Part 1: Search and Enablement)
- Work Intermediation Platforms: Examples Within 3 Basic Categories
- Top 10 Airline Sourcing Strategies
- ClientLoyalty: Vendor Snapshot (Part 3) — Summary and Competitive Analysis
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Human Capital Innovation (Part 1): Technology, Talent and a New Playbook for Organizations
- Supplier Diversity Success Story: How an MBE Partnership Won a $100M+ Contract
- What is Supplier Management? Here’s a Primer
- Sustainable Nutella: A New Report on Palm Oil Supply Chain Transparency
- 3 Reasons Why Procurement Needs to Worry About Mexico
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Emerging Procurement Platform Trends and Technologies: Webinar Tomorrow
- Digital Technology and Contingent Workforce & Services: What You Need to Know
- Coupa’s Release 17: Features and Approach
- Rethinking Sourcing Suites and Their Sub Components — Gartner’s 2017 Magic Quadrant
- AllWork Launches Innovative On-Demand Work Platform for Retail and Brands
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Deriving Competitive Advantage from a Sustainable Supply Chain
- The State of Sustainable Procurement: Latest EcoVadis/HEC Barometer is Released
- 3 Insights for Procurement from aPriori’s Cost Insight Conference
- 4 Habits That Can Sink a Procurement Consultant’s Career
- ERP or Best-of-Breed (BoB)? Here’s How to Quickly Settle That Whole Thing
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Base Oils Up for the First Time Since 2010
- Afternoon Coffee: US Economy Shows Several Signs of Continued Growth, A Neural Network for Rap
- Digital Strategy and Talent Gaps: Insights from Deloitte’s 2017 CPO Survey
- Afternoon Coffee: Wal-Mart Tears Down Wall Between In-Store and Online Buyers, EU Ratifies Canada Trade Deal
- The Millennial CPO: How Will the New Generation Transform the Supply Chain Profession?
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Breaking Down Global Silos (Part 1): Did Rio Ruin Houston’s New ERP Launch?
- Will Trump Deregulate Employment to Create New Jobs, Gigs or What?
- The Untimely Demise of FMS: Gone, Buried and All But Forgotten
- Beware the 4IR and AI — Or Should Procurement Embrace It?
- How I Left the Corporate Office to Run My Own Consultancy