General Electric Co. is selling its US, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand vehicle fleet management business to Canada’s Element Financial Corp. The proposed merger of food distribution companies Sysco Corp. and US Foods Inc. is now off the table. Afternoon Coffee brings you the latest in procurement and supply chain news.
After many years of relentless bombardment with acronyms like SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and BPaaS, I would not blame procurement professionals if they were shell-shocked, cynical and unresponsive when yet another term joins this list. Still, the reality is that all of these acronyms have been useful designators of significant milestone developments tracing the increasing virtualization of information technology, from collections of assets that businesses owned and managed to what in effect are services that can be consumed with relative efficiency and flexibility. The most recent of these acronyms, iPaaS, may be the most relevant of the series acronyms since SaaS, when application software shifted from something installed and managed on-premise to being a virtual service or cloud offering.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Analyzing the Tradeshift/C2FO Partnership: Much More Than Meets the Discounting Eye
- Examining the Implications of the BravoSolution/Verian Partnership
- Work Intermediation Platforms – The Emergence of New Labor Services Ecosystems
- Best of Spend Matters Network – Week of June 22
- Making the Case for M&A With Procurement Technology Firms: A Case-Based Analysis
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Can SupplierPay Link Supplier Diversity to Early Payment?
- 3 Classes of Technology to Support the Distance-Based Procurement Equation
- CXC Corporate Services Underscores Growing Need to Field and Manage Global Contract Talent
- Think Distance and Not Global in Procurement Around the World
- On the Death of Global Sourcing and the Rise of Distance as a Key Procurement Equation
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- The Independent Workforce “Big Picture” – Services Procurement Professionals Take Note
- Work Market Expands To Third-Party Services Providers — Why You Should Care
- Procurement Lessons From a Surprising Source: the 1980s
- Is Your Supply Chain Disaster-Proof?
- Increase Visibility, Improve Supplier Management: A Procurement Wish List
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Pedal to the Metal: Punching Early Payment Into Overdrive in the Supply Chain
- Spend Matters 50/50: Vortal – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Natural Gas Prices Fall, United Airlines Looks to Alternative Fuel
- Tradeshift to Provide App for Working Capital through C2FO Partnership
- Spend Matters 50/50: Pool4Tool – A Provider to Watch in 2015
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- When Companies Continue to Work with Problematic Suppliers – Is This Normal?
- Sustainable Procurement – Is ‘Right-to-Work’ the Preferred Sustainable Sourcing Criterion?
- Americans Eat 800+ Hot Dogs on Memorial Day and Other (Less Gross) Stats on The Holiday Weekend
- PeoplePerHour Seems Like They Need a Few More People Themselves!
- I’ve Joined Twitter! Stay Tuned for ‘Less Filtered’ Findings