SciQuest’s new Vice President of Product Management and Strategy Deb Woods is not a conventional head of products. While she has a product management background, Woods has also worked in procurement and supply chain as a practitioner and is extremely experienced leading corporate development efforts as well. It’s arguably the perfect combination for what SciQuest needs in the current product leadership role as it finds itself under new (private) ownership with backing for both organic and inorganic investments.
While academic research and development for CombineNet dropped off dramatically after its acquisition, SciQuest has continued to make targeted investments in its sourcing optimization solution. These investments have produced continual improvements in several key areas. Yet while we commend these and other recent improvements to the toolset, SciQuest needs to double down on investments to this product line if it wants to remain a leader in the sourcing optimization market.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Concerned About Vendor Credential Compliance Risk? Now There May Be a Way to Rest Easier: GIS
- Statess (State of Flux): Vendor Snapshot (Part 3) — Competitive & Summary Analysis
- Statess (State of Flux): Vendor Snapshot (Part 2) — Product Strengths & Weaknesses
- Statess (State of Flux): Vendor Snapshot (Part 1) — Background & Solution Overview
- Top 50 Supplier Innovation Case Studies: Nos. 11-19, Electrolux to Honda
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Understanding the KellyOCG Talent Supply Chain Maturity Model
- Restaurants & Retailers Clean Up Supply Chains, Remove Antibiotics and Harmful Chemicals
- 5 Changes MSPs Can Make to Adapt to the ‘New Normal’ in the Worldwide Workforce
- A Busy October In the Independent Workforce Solutions Space (Part 1)
- PSF Asks ‘What Went Wrong’ With CPS Sole-Source Contract Scandal
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Integrating SAP MM and P2P: When ERP and E-Procurement Must Do a Two-Step ‘Buy’ Together
- ShiftPixy Wants to Slay the Gig Economy Compliance-Risk Dragon
- Maven, an ‘Expertise-as-a-Service’ Platform: WIP of the Week
- Reinventing Supplier Data and Intelligence Businesses: The Premise
- What Procurement Processes are Organizations Automating the Most?
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- ICYMI: What Does Polymorphism Have to Do with Procurement? Everything!
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- MetalMiner Week in Review: Welcome Back to Earth, Metal Prices!
- Intuit QuickBooks Self-Employed and Etsy Partner: Is it Relevant to Procurement?
- Gartner Names Penn State as Top Supply Chain Undergraduate Program
- To Gig or Not to Gig — There is a Difference: Webinar Sept. 7
- Heavy Rains Threaten to Reduce Peanut Production in Argentina
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Procurement Lessons From the Cast of Friends
- Guns, Platforms, the Circular Economy and ‘an Immodest Proposal’
- What Procurement Practitioners Have Been Waiting For: The Chuck Norris API
- ‘Richard, If We Want to Build the Platform, All We Need to do is … Build the Platform’
- A/P and A/R Hook up in Best Procurement Parody Video Ever