Arachnys is one of our 50 Providers to Watch. We will be highlighting 100 companies (50 to Know, 50 to Watch) from our 2015 Spend Matters Almanac over the span of 100 days. Practitioners are encouraged to browse the categories listed in our Almanac to find the provider that best fits their needs. We met Arachnys around a year ago, and the firm, which has the tagline “instant worldwide due diligence,” quickly struck us as a strong candidate for our 50 to Watch list. Based in London and with an office in New York as well, the firm was founded in 2010 by David Buxton, who previously worked as an "investigator" for global risk consultancy Control Risks in Russia and Eurasia, which sounds exciting and probably was.
Spend Matters welcomes this guest article by Somdipto Ghosh, Product Marketing, Zycus. In the year 1984, Paul F. decided to make a radical career transition from heading a public research group to selling bagels at corporate offices. He devised a unique “honor system” where he would leave bagels and a cash basket in company cafeterias in the morning and return in the evening to collect the payments. His business flourished and soon he was selling 700 dozen bagels a week to 140 companies. Over the course of many years in business, he documented and analyzed the fraudulent activities of his clients and leveraged his background in research to find unique irregularities.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- What Makes a CLM Tool Special These Days?
- Xchanging Shares Plummet on Half-Year Report – Questions About Future of Procurement Business
- Contract Lifecycle Management 101: Part 6 – The Standard Contract Management Platform
- Does ‘Open Book’ Help or Hurt the Public Procurement Contract Process?
- FMS and Beyond – Filling in the ‘White Space’ of Sourcing and Engaging the Independent Workforce (Part 1)
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Pre-Order Our August Direct Materials Sourcing Guide Today!
- The Good the Bad and the Procurement Genie: The Magic Coming to the Contingent Workforce Space
- Webinar: 7/29: Advanced Sourcing Strategy for Raw Materials
- Procurement Problems and Possibilities: What the Greece Debt Crisis Means for the Supply Chain
- The Biggest Gaps and Opportunities in Services Procurement
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Analysis: Accenture’s Vision of Supply Analytics Will Be Difficult to Realize
- Supply Analytics Will Become Routine, Predictive: Accenture
- Spend Matters Analysis: Accenture’s “Virtual Company Mall”
- E-Invoicing Discovery Questions: Where to Begin
- Accenture and the Future of Procurement Technology: The Virtual Company Mall
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
- Driving Sustained Value in Procurement Outsourcing Services
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: ISM Reports US Manufacturing Sector Expanded in July, Large Oil Supply Pushes Prices Down
- Spend Matters 50/50: HICX Solutions – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Consumer Sentiment Drops in July, UPS Buys Coyote Logistics
- Spend Matters 50/50: Arachnys – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: GDP Rises, Oil Production and Inventories Fall