Yesterday Coupa published a press release announcing that Thomas Kase, a former Spend Matters analyst, joined the cloud spend management vendor. I had the great pleasure of working with Thomas for many years and wish him the very best of luck in his new endeavor. In light of the news, I wanted to take a moment to highlight the confidentiality clauses that a technology analyst must adhere to, a requirement here at Spend Matters and Azul Partners as well as at other firms.
IBM has been looking for new lines of business to support future growth for a while now, and a recently submitted patent may just offer that. The price per ton for the cobalt, which is a component of lithium-ion batteries, has soared nearly 70% this year. Afternoon Coffee brings you the latest in procurement and supply chain news.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Getting the Most from Sourcing Optimization (Part 1): Lessons From Leaders
- A 21-Question Health Check to Score Your Procurement Scorecard (Part 3)
- EcoVadis: Vendor Snapshot (Part 1) — Background & Solution Overview
- Vendor Summary Report: Procure-to-Pay SolutionMap℠ Q2 2017
- What is Your Procure-to-Pay Persona? Understand Your Requirements and Mass Customize Your Vendor Shortlist
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Conflict Minerals Update: Perspectives on the SEC’S Latest Move
- Apple Achieves 100% Cobalt Supply Chain Mapping (Plus: Lessons for Supply Chain)
- On Expense Management, Mileage Fraud and GPS: An Interview with Runzheimer’s Mike Bassi
- ICYMI: Tackling the Complex, Multifaceted “Hairy Beast” of Risk Management
- Where to Find Sustainably and Ethically Made Apparel? Ask Project JUST
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Tackling Procurement’s Digital Transformation Capability Gap
- Labor Automation Software: The Time for Adoption is Now
- Disruptive Technology Meets Strategic Procurement: Short-Term and Long-Term Outcomes
- Forrester’s Artificial Intelligence Report Spawns 10 Hot Technologies — For Procurement, Which Ones Matter Most?
- Predictive Procurement Gets Real
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Scouting and Retaining Young Supply Chain Talent: A (Millennial) Recruiter’s Experience
- Picture Your Procurement Strategy as a Pyramid
- Must-Know Practices for Adopting Contingent Workforce/Services Procurement Technology
- Procurement as a Service (Part 2): Learning from Service Providers in Other Industries
- Procurement as a Service (Part 1): Should Procurement Really Be a “Service Provider”?
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Technology Analysts and NDAs
- Afternoon Coffee: IBM Patents Idea to Pass Packages Between Drones, The World Catches Cobalt Fever
- So You Want to Go Into Procurement Consulting: 3 Areas to Consider
- 5 Reasons Why the VMSA Live Talent Ecosystem Conference is the Future
- Could This be the End of the High Cotton Prices?
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Why Is There a Dearth of Female Supply Chain Students? A Conversation with UT-Knoxville’s Wendy Tate
- Bad Procurement: A Roundup of Recent Procurement Scandals
- Dispatches from Cuba (Part 2): On Transactions and the Cuban Supply Chain
- Dispatches from Cuba (Part 1): On Negotiation and Supply Markets
- The Millennial CPO: How Will the New Generation Transform the Supply Chain Profession?