When building out broad capabilities, vendors often fail to play to their core strengths across the range of capabilities on offer. Zycus is hoping not to make the same mistake as it incorporates capabilities from the artificial intelligence and auto-classification technology that it pioneered in procurement going back well over a decade ago in the spend classification area. Leveraging and extending these capabilities, Zycus is building natural language capability into procurement-centric search. Think of it as Siri for corporate procurement.
The US trade deficit increased in August to $48.3 billion, a jump of $6.5 billion from July, the U.S. Department of Commerce reported today. And, US supply chain providers are preparing for an uptick in business thanks to the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Afternoon Coffee brings you the latest in procurement and supply chain news.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- A Quiet September For Our Spend Matters Stock Portfolio
- Challenges and Changes: What Digital Transformation Means for Contingent Workforce Procurement – Part 2
- How to Create the Perfect Procurement Scorecard
- Opus Acquires Alacra: Market Possibilities and What it Means for Hiperos
- Sourcing VMS and Services Procurement Technology: Don’t Do This!
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Global Supply Chain Risk Management and the Recent China Disaster
- Zirtual – The Sad, Seedy Saga Continues
- How AGCO Built Its Business Case for Global Supply Chain Risk Management
- Pre-Order Our August Direct Materials Sourcing Guide Today!
- The Good the Bad and the Procurement Genie: The Magic Coming to the Contingent Workforce Space
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
- Driving Sustained Value in Procurement Outsourcing Services
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Afternoon Coffee: Trade Deficit Rises, Supply Chain Providers Are Optimistic About TPP
- ISM-NJ Holds Annual Women in Leadership Conference Next Week
- Less Tricks and More Treat: Polypropylene Prices Falling in Time for Halloween
- Afternoon Coffee: Agreement Reached in Trans-Pacific Trade, Port of Los Angeles Reduces Emissions by Record Amount
- Study: The Global Diamond Supply Chain is Tarnished