Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. is one of our 50 Providers to Watch. We will be highlighting all 100 companies (50 to Know, 50 to Watch) in our 2015 Spend Matters Almanac over the span of 100 days. Practitioners are encouraged to browse the categories listed in our Almanac to find the provider that best fits their needs. Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. is a hybrid service and technology provider, specializing in language translation and localization solutions and services (with additional solutions and services for software testing and data management). Lionbridge refers to itself as “a provider of globalization solutions,” providing “translation, online marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle.”
Spend Matters welcomes this guest article by Michael Liberty of Mintec. If you have ever watched Gordon Ramsey or Hell’s Kitchen, you will be familiar with scallops. In fact, they made up over half of US supermarket mollusk sales in the past 12 months – higher than the sales of oysters and clams combined. The market for the larger-sized Atlantic sea scallops, or giant scallops, are one of the most valuable to US fisheries. US sea scallops prices have fallen nearly 30% since November 2014 and the lowest level since September 2012.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Navigating The Path From Tactical Procurement Analytics to Strategic Supply Analytics
- Best ‘Ask the Expert’ Ever? PPM: The Core of an Effective Procurement Operating Model
- Exploring ‘Total Cost’ as a Productivity KPI for the P2P Process
- Analyzing the Tradeshift/C2FO Partnership: Much More Than Meets the Discounting Eye
- Examining the Implications of the BravoSolution/Verian Partnership
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- The Biggest Gaps and Opportunities in Services Procurement
- Can SupplierPay Link Supplier Diversity to Early Payment?
- 3 Classes of Technology to Support the Distance-Based Procurement Equation
- CXC Corporate Services Underscores Growing Need to Field and Manage Global Contract Talent
- Think Distance and Not Global in Procurement Around the World
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- The Independent Workforce “Big Picture” – Services Procurement Professionals Take Note
- Work Market Expands To Third-Party Services Providers — Why You Should Care
- Procurement Lessons From a Surprising Source: the 1980s
- Is Your Supply Chain Disaster-Proof?
- Increase Visibility, Improve Supplier Management: A Procurement Wish List
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Spend Matters 50/50: Lionbridge Technologies – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- US Sea Scallop Prices Fall 30% in 6 Months
- Afternoon Coffee: Greece Referendum Threatens Supply Chains, Sends Oil Falling
- Fitting the E-Invoicing, Supplier Networks Peg Into the Right Procurement Holes
- Fourth of July Celebration Costs Top Last Year: A Roundup of Holiday Spending Stats
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Is Procurement Doomed? The Big Debate (From a British Pub)
- When Companies Continue to Work with Problematic Suppliers – Is This Normal?
- Sustainable Procurement – Is ‘Right-to-Work’ the Preferred Sustainable Sourcing Criterion?
- Americans Eat 800+ Hot Dogs on Memorial Day and Other (Less Gross) Stats on The Holiday Weekend
- PeoplePerHour Seems Like They Need a Few More People Themselves!