In a potentially landmark decision for the contingent workforce, “multi-tier” suppliers and their contractors, the National Labor Relations Board ruled Thursday that businesses share equal responsibility for their contingent workforce supplier’s labor violations. By setting a legal precedent, the NLRB ruling may undermine the common practice of businesses relying on suppliers to shield themselves from co-employment risk. From a procurement standpoint, the ruling could significantly impact the established contingent workforce supply chain, potentially leading businesses to re-evaluate their use of supplier-provided contingent workforce.
CIPS is one of our 50 Providers to Know. We will be highlighting 100 companies (50 to Know, 50 to Watch) from our 2015 Spend Matters Almanac over the span of 100 days. Practitioners are encouraged to browse the categories listed in our Almanac to find the provider that best fits their needs.
The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is the world’s largest procurement professional institute, certainly as measured by number of individual members or revenues. Over the last few years, it has powered ahead of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) on those terms, mainly through a focused commercial approach and growth in the emerging markets.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Procurement Provider Patents and the Potential Risk to Practitioners
- Is Total Talent Management Really the Next Big Thing? Or is There Something Else?
- Forget Category Management, Start with Customer Management and Context Management: Part 2 – The Solution
- E-Signatures and Digital Signatures In Procurement: Definitions and Considerations
- The Leap From Contingent Workforce to Extended Workforce and Services
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- Zirtual – The Sad, Seedy Saga Continues
- How AGCO Built Its Business Case for Global Supply Chain Risk Management
- Pre-Order Our August Direct Materials Sourcing Guide Today!
- The Good the Bad and the Procurement Genie: The Magic Coming to the Contingent Workforce Space
- Webinar: 7/29: Advanced Sourcing Strategy for Raw Materials
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Spend Matters View: Realizing Accenture’s New PaaS Applications (Part 2)
- How Does Trade Financing Fit With E-Invoicing?
- Spend Matters View: Realizing Accenture’s Future Supplier Network Vision (Part 1)
- How Do Supplier Management Systems Fit With E-Invoicing?
- A Look at the Distribution of Global Payments to Different Countries Across an Online Freelancer Marketplace Platform
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
- Driving Sustained Value in Procurement Outsourcing Services
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Spend Matters 50/50: CIPS – A Provider to Know in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: Chinese Manufacturing Workers Strike, US Coast Guard Monitors Cargo Coming From Tianjin, China
- NLRB Drops a Worker Classification and Contingent Workforce Bombshell – What You Can Do About Co-Employment Risk
- Spend Matters 50/50: Browz – A Provider to Watch in 2015
- Spend Matters 50/50: Vroozi – A Provider to Watch in 2015