The global average salary for a purchaser or supply chain management professional is $53,630, down from the 2015 average salary, according to the recent Next Level Purchasing Association 2016 salary report. The survey of more than 1,300 purchasing and supply management professionals from around the world conducted earlier this year shows some in the field are having trouble accelerating their salary growth, the report said.
Spend Matters welcomes this guest post from Cristian Niculescu-Marcu, senior economist at IHS.
Despite a lackluster global economy and some worrying manufacturing sector signals coming from China and the U.S., growing seasonal strength is providing support to energy prices as they rally from January's multi-year lows. IHS anticipates that global liquids demand will rise by about 1.2 MMb/d in 2016 — growth that, while less than last year’s, is nonetheless key to reducing the world's crude oil supply overhang.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Determine: Vendor Snapshot (Part 1) — Background and Solution
- An Oracle Solution Primer (Part 4): A Module-by-Module Look at PeopleSoft Procurement
- Procurement’s Role as Master Architect: Design-Centered Procurement (Part 8)
- An Oracle Solution Primer (Part 3): A Module-by-Module Look at Oracle Procurement Cloud
- Wonolo: WIP of the Week
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
- 5 Changes MSPs Can Make to Adapt to the ‘New Normal’ in the Worldwide Workforce
- A Busy October In the Independent Workforce Solutions Space (Part 1)
- PSF Asks ‘What Went Wrong’ With CPS Sole-Source Contract Scandal
- Global Supply Chain Risk Management and the Recent China Disaster
- Zirtual – The Sad, Seedy Saga Continues
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Spend Matters’ 50/50 Lists: Webinar Next Tuesday!
- 5 Actionable Strategies For Driving Social Collaboration in Procurement
- Spend Matters 50/50: Why Good Things Come in Threes
- Unraveling the World of Procurement: Rapid Ways to Transform the Industry Now
- Randstad Japan and Gigwalk Taking Temporary Staffing into the On-Demand, Gig Economy
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- ICYMI: What Does Polymorphism Have to Do with Procurement? Everything!
- Survey Shows Value of Procurement Early Involvement
- Lessons From the Bagel Man to Tackle Procurement Fraud
- Strategic Irrelevance: The Real Cost of Getting Lost in the Weeds
- Achieving Bottom Line Success – Techniques Of Top-Performing Accounts Payable Organizations
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- NLPA Report Paints Dismal Look at Procurement, Supply Chain Salaries in 2016
- Energy Prices: Does the Current Recovery Have Legs?
- Afternoon Coffee: Carmakers Add 12M Vehicles to Takata Recall, Slow GDP Growth Seen in First Quarter
- Afternoon Coffee: Federal Contractors May Need to Report Greenhouse Gas Emission Data, Google Opening Autonomous Vehicle Center Near Detroit
- ITC Finds TPP Will Have Positive Impacts on U.S. Economy and Industries
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- ‘Richard, If We Want to Build the Platform, All We Need to do is … Build the Platform’
- A/P and A/R hook up in Best Procurement Parody Video Ever
- Colman’s Mustard, TA National Trading and Amazon Business: Juxtaposing Questionable Merchant Practices With Awesome Customer Service
- In Defense of Innovators — A Fond Farewell to Keith Emerson
- The Shocking Confessions of a Procurement Industry Analyst