Spend Matters welcomes this guest article by Diptarup Chakraborti, AVP Marketing, Zycus. As a result of efforts to reduce costs, increase service levels and improve product quality, our supply chains now cover a greater a geographic distance than ever before. While the decision to outsource and shift production away from traditional, high-cost economies in the US and Western Europe reaped significant cost benefits, they have also left organizations open to a far greater risk with regards to the stability and vulnerability of their supply chains. Never before has supply chain risk sat so physically far away from those that are meant to be managing it. Our increased reliance on global sourcing as an avenue of competitive advantage means that our organizations now carry a far greater exposure to the impacts of natural disasters.
Aravo is one of our 50 Providers to Know. We will be highlighting all 100 companies (50 to Know, 50 to Watch) in our 2015 Spend Matters Almanac over the span of 100 days. Practitioners are encouraged to browse the categories listed in our Almanac to find the provider that best fits their needs. Over the 15 years since its launch in 2000, Aravo has delivered advanced supplier lifecycle management (SLM) and Master Data Management (MDM) solutions for many of the world's largest, most complex organizations.
Latest Plus & PROLatest Plus & PRO
- Best of Spend Matters Network – Week of May 25
- Work Intermediation Platforms – Transformation Engines of the Modern Labor Procurement Supply Chain (Part 2 – What Did We Catch?)
- Opportunities Await Within the Amazon Business Marketplace
- ZeroChaos: Threatening the MSP Status Quo (Part 3)
- Contractual Risk Assessment And its Role in Corporate Risk Management
Latest Sourcing & CategoriesLatest Sourcing & Categories
Latest TechnologyLatest Technology
- RFID and the Supply Chain: How the Technology Is Increasingly Being Used By Procurement
- New Purchasing Technology: Using Tools That Delight Rather Than Distract
- A Procurement Manifesto: Article 1 – Technology in Our Personal Lives
- CSR: Do You Use Environmentally Friendly Laptops? Can You Replace Batteries?
- Elegance And Simplicity of New Purchasing: Mobile Payments
Latest Process & Best PracticeLatest Process & Best Practice
- Procurement’s Vulnerability to Natural Disasters
- Why Should Procurement Report Into Finance? ISM, Spend Matters, Machiavelli and More
- How to Keep Salesforce.com Costs in Check
- What Came First: The Controller or the Buyer? How Finance Influences Procurement
- Deloitte on Elevating Procurement Talent: The Final 4 Steps
Latest General NewsLatest General News
- Spend Matters 50/50: Aravo – A Provider to Know in 2015
- Afternoon Coffee: US Economy Contracts in Q1, May Sets New M&A Activity Record
- After Signing on the Dotted Line: Contract Lifecycle Management Basics
- WIP Wildfire Alert: Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures Adds Fuel to Fire With Lystable Investment
- How Finance Can Help Procurement: A Countdown on our CPO Website
Latest Incendiary TidbitsLatest Incendiary Tidbits
- Americans Eat 800+ Hot Dogs on Memorial Day and Other (Less Gross) Stats on The Holiday Weekend
- PeoplePerHour Seems Like They Need a Few More People Themselves!
- I’ve Joined Twitter! Stay Tuned for ‘Less Filtered’ Findings
- The VA’s Big Procurement Problem – And Why We Are So Angry About It
- More Procurement Myths Debunked on Chief Procurement Officer Website